|Job Title||Post-Doctoral Researcher - Stem Cell|
Job title: Post-Doctoral Researcher
Reporting to: Senior Research Scientist
Location: RCSI Bahrain / King Hamad University Hospital
Duration: 1 year renewable subject to funding
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Postdoctoral Researcher to join the Stem Cell and Genome Engineering research group at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) Bahrain. The research focus of the lab is to study mechanisms governing directed differentiations of human pluripotent stem cells, disease modeling in a dish via human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs) and CRISPR/Cas9 genome engineering.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform research related to hiPSC derivation, maintenance, engineering and directed differentiations.
· Examine data and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis, and ensure experiments are well documented with accuracy and reliability.
· Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
· Assist in writing and revising technical documents including lab Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), testing protocols and manuscripts.
· Assist with experimental troubleshooting and train others as necessary.
· Other lab organizational and supervision duties as required.
· PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 1-2 years of hands on experience in cell culture required, and experience in human pluripotent stem cell culturing is preferred but not required.
· Practical knowledge of expanding, characterizing and banking various cells.
· Experience with in vitro differentiation, expression analysis, flow cytometry and functional cell based assays is highly desirable but not required.
· Experience with immunocytochemical techniques, fluorescence microscopy and basic molecular biological techniques. e.g. cloning, PCRs and Q RT PCR.
· Experience with following SOPs, and accurate completion of batch records and required documentation.
· Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory safety plans and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
· Demonstrated integrity, credibility and a positive attitude.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, and process development skills.
· Possesses excellent organizing skills as well as planning and scheduling abilities.
· Must be a detail-orientated team player.
· Strong English written and verbal communications skills.
· Laboratory atmosphere – possible exposure to chemical, biological or other hazardous substances.
· Working at a computer for data entry and analysis.
· Some weekend work required.
Stem Cell Research
|Category||Medicine, Nursing, Health|
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for greeting the guest upon their arrival, assisting with the unloading of their items in a safe ma[...]2021-09-11 Uncategorized Jobs
JOB DESCRIPTION A Pastry Chef is responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience w[...]2021-09-11 Hotels, Restaurants
Job Description Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications2021-09-11 Sales, Accounting
JOB DESCRIPTION A Sous Chef will work closely with the Executive Chef to manage all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Membe[...]2021-09-11 Hotels, Restaurants